Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Once again.. Thanks MOM


Watching TV... a habit i should really give up. I was flipping through the channels taking break from packing and stooped on ABC Family.... Family television, cant be to bad right?
THE SECRET LIFE OF THE AMERICAN TEENAGER
A show that glamorises teen pregnancy and makes it seem like it's just a part of life the the American teenager
Disgusted -I continued flipping through the channels and saw
MAURY: WHO FATHERED MY KIDS?
I mean I could stop to giggle and the ladies who run and fall on the floor when NONE of the three men she thought could be her baby-daddy happen to be the dad...
Annoyed but slightly amused -I kept going
MTV: I'M 16 AND PREGNANT
yet another show about teen pregnancy it may sound mean but I laughed at the one girl who was fussing at her MOTHER for ruining HER life!

I ended up watching the little couple on TLC.

I AM SO HAPPY I had parents who taught me self respect, religion, responsibilities, and common sense, I honestly do not understand the choices people make... even as a teenager one should be able to tell right from wrong... I'm just saying...

2 comments:

Yasemin said...

Awe...you watched the Little People. And mashallah that Jon and Kate's drama didn't happen to be on when you flipped to TLC habibty:)

I've been watching Cake Boss. It's good family entertainment without the drama and silliness.

Iwas thinking about trying out The Secret Life of the American teenager so thanks for the heads up.

It's too bad that tv programming has become the travesty it is. Glad your mother taught you well. Luckily, I have lots of family friendly DVD's. Maybe I'll go watch Adventures in Babysitting :)
Love you dear.

Ms. Mango said...

Thanks for your comment lisa, glad i am not the onlyone one who finds watching tv a litte hard!

Blog Archive - What you missed

States I Have Visited